Saturday, January 29, 2011

KE Day 3

So sleeping on the floor is really not that bad. At least that's what I tell myself all day. Then I actually sleep on the floor and remember that sleeping on the floor stinks. But, to be honest, sleeping on the floor is not nearly as challenging to me as not watching TV or using the Internet for anything other than work.

I find myself looking for things to do. I'm actually kind of glad I had to work today (Saturday) because it gave me something to spend my day on. I think the constant silence and isolation that many homeless suffer makes any sort of desperation or hopelessness infinitely worse becasue there's nothing else to focus on. I can see why so many turn to drugs and alcohol as an escape. Dulling the mind to not have to think is a much better alternative than constantly thinking about your plight.

I'm reading a book right now about spiritual warfare called This Present Darkness and I'm moving through it pretty quickly considering it's my sole form on entertainment right now. Here's a tip: don't read a book about demons right before you go to bed on the floor. It will not help you get a better night's sleep.

I will say that I have prayed more than usual over the past few days. I pray mostly for my family. I think they are so caught up in the things of the world that they have lost their way and I'm not sure how to reach them. Most inquiries about church lead to defensive conversations and emails which defeat my purpose. I wander if they would do something similar to our Kingdom Experiment and unplug would they get out of the rut they are in?

No comments:

Post a Comment