Friday, January 28, 2011

The floor is hard.

The second night on the floor seemed a little harder- literally. So I know that our floors haven't gotten harder, so it has to be me that is different. I think that the bones/muscles in my shoulder and hips were already sore from night one, so I never hit the comfort level (liberal use of the word- comfort) of the first night. I started on my left, but that side was sore. So I flipped to my right, but that side hurt too. I spent a lot of last night on my back. Sorry Andy if I was snoring. So today my back is hurting- a direct correlation to back sleeping. The pain is not really intense. It is not like I have thrown back back out, but just a constant dull throb. A constant reminder that I didn't sleep in a bed last night.

I have resisted the temptation to complain to co-works as a way to receive sympathy and praise for my sacrifice. But the temptation to bring it up is there. Why? Clearly I want people to know what I am doing, but why. It is not to bring homelessness into the forefront of people's mind. It is to bring me into the forefront of people's mind. And that is not what God wants from me. I hope that this experiment teaches me to minimize myself so that He can be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment