Friday, February 4, 2011

Jim and Steven

I'm still working on my format for how to tackle my experiment this week: mourning and praying for fallen Christian leaders and others affected by their actions. Decided I need to learn a little more about some of these situations and start coming up with a list for the week. May post some of my research later.

One thing I'm discovering -- and one thing that is itself worth morning over -- there is no shortage of fallen Christian leaders. The list is LONG and goes back a long way.

I'm also sad when I consider how commonplace the "Christian leader scandal" has become. We aren't surprised when it happens, or at least I'm not. It'll happen again, and I won't be surprised then either. Isn't that awful?

I've also decided that I'd make it a point to pray for at least two people every day, a fallen Christian, and a current, prominent Christian leader who hasn't had a scandal. It seems like I should pray for the redemption of those who've already made mistakes, while also lifting up those who are very influential and asking for God's protection over them and their flocks and to strengthen their commitments.

Today my focus is on Jim Bakker and Steven Furtick.

Will try to post more of my thoughts later.

No comments:

Post a Comment